UNF Beats JU To Advance
The Road to the ASUN Conference Championship started at the UNF Arena tonight as the cross town rival Jacksonville University took on the University of North Florida Ospreys in front of 3000 screaming students.
– Moore, likely playing in his final career game at UNF Arena, saved his best for last finishing with 37 points which matches his previous career high performance at home. He scored the first 10 points of the game for UNF and also shared the team lead with seven rebounds.
– While no other Osprey player reached double digits, a quartet was within a basket of reaching the mark with Wajid Aminu scoring 9 along with 8 each from Romelo Banks, Garrett Sams and Aaron Bodager.
– Sams, an ASUN All-Freshman honoree, scored the final five points of the game for UNF hitting a huge three-pointer and a pair of free throws that helped to seal the victory.
– JU placed three players in double figures led by 26 from Marcel White.
– North Florida shot 51.8% for the game highlighted by a 68% effort in the second half. The Ospreys also won the battle of the boards for the 20th time this season, topping the Dolphins 39-29 on the glass.